– Full-time, Permanent.
Location – Leicester, option to work from home either part or full time.
Preferred commutable distance.
Salary – Negotiable
Technology is a leading provider in Thin and Zero Clients for the latest
virtual desktop solutions. 10ZiG has long-standing partnerships with
industry leaders such as Citrix, VMware and Microsoft. With headquarters
in Phoenix, AZ and offices in Europe and Asia Pacific, 10ZiG has a wide reach
within the Thin and Zero Client worldwide marketplace.
are currently looking to add a Senior Linux Software Engineer who can
demonstrate a drive and enthusiasm in embedded thin client operating systems
designed to support x86 based endpoints, such as PC’s and Laptops for VDI and
Server Based Computing. The candidate will work as part of the existing
R&D team which is distributed across the USA and Europe. The role is
primarily based in our Leicester, UK office and you will report to the Head of
R&D based in Phoenix Arizona, with input and guidance from the Chief
Technology Office (CTO) based out of our UK office.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
will have knowledge of the Linux operating system as follows:
- Able to write shell scripts in sh, csh, or bash.
- Able to use Linux based tools such as editors,
compilers, graphical development utilities.
- Understanding of the structure of the Linux operating
- Able to configure and build Linux kernel from source.
- Able to build Linux kernel modules and drivers.
- Able to integrate third party Linux drivers and
- Understanding of the X11 graphical subsystem.
will be able to develop graphical interfaces and other custom utilities as
- Familiarity with at least one source control package.
- Have used at least one graphical development tool under
Linux, preferably Qt.
Duties and Tasks
will work as the project lead for migrating an existing Linux build
distribution (32-bit) designed to support Desktop PC’s and Laptops and merge
into our latest 64-bit Linux build distribution, currently supported on 10ZiG
x86 Thin Client Hardware.
Linux kernel firmware and supporting infrastructure.
- Migrate existing x86 32-bit project to 64-bit.
- Manage integration of required x86 hardware, including
- Document and release Linux firmware builds to support.
- Work with support & R&D group to debug and fix
- Evaluate competitors’ products and related technology.
- Serve as a technical resource to both the team and
Specific Knowledge, Education, and Experience
will have a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline and at least 8 years
of experience. Candidate must also have a proven track record of working within
a team of engineers. Communication skills are a must and experience to
communicate remotely via collaboration tools is advantageous.
- Private Health
& Medical Cover commencing after 1 year
day annual leave, plus statutory bank holidays. Increasing to a
maximum of 25 days annual leave, with 1 additional day accrual for each
successful year of continual employment
If you have the skills
and desire to apply for this great career opportunity, please e-mail your